POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Physical mesh models : Physical mesh models Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Physical mesh models
From: jarbee
Date: 23 Sep 2001 16:13:36
Message: <3bae4270@news.povray.org>
I've been thinking it possible to create paper models of some of my meshes,
by printing out the individual triangles on paper and glueing them together.
It would probably be easier to do this with triangle strips rather than
individual triangles, but that's a patience issue :-)

How would it be possible to 'unwrap' a triangle mesh, so that the position
of each triangle could be known, and a plan created to allow the paper
triangles to be stuck together in the correct positions?

I have seen triangle to strip converters etc, but I can't work out how to do
this properly. And I can't seem to find any tutorials or algorithms on this?
But would it be similar to how Steve Cox's UVMapper works?